Are you on a community?
Here is a list of things to remember whilst you are on a community:
- Be prepared to reschedule if conflicts arise.
- Be clear and honest about what influence community residents will have over a decision.
- Attempt to meet with key stakeholders BEFORE your engagement and allow time to brief them on the purpose of your visit.
- Being aware of where you can go – don’t just assume its OK, ask.
- Tell residents how you will provide feedback.
- Keep a record – especially any issues raised.
- Personal safety – be aware of community events.
Last updated: 23 Aug 2016